Golf Courses are considered one of the “open recreation areas” permittedto remain open by Governor Holcomb’s original Order, yet when we tried it resulted in improper use, inappropriate gathering, and non-compliance with social distancing.
SO…. We are going to try it again with stricter rules, guidelines, and proper hygiene and sanitation rules. Anyone not adhering to the rules will be asked to leave the course.
Michigan City Golf Course will be open for play beginning May 1st. Groups can book a tee time at www.golfnow.com or via phone at (219) 873-1516. All greens fees will be paid over the phone, via credit card, or upon arrival to the course. No walk-up play will be allowed without a tee-time. Golf Carts will be available (Max 1 player per cart). All Golf Carts will be disinfected after each use. The North Course will be open to walkers ONLY.
The “new normal” at Michigan City Golf Courses will be:
- The Clubhouse and restrooms will be closed
- No food or beverage service will be offered
- Golfers should not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to their tee-time
- Tee times will be every 16 minutes
- No sand trap rakes or ball washers will be accessible
- Flags will remain in holes, however foam inserts will be in the cups
- Players will be required to observe a six-foot separation at all times.
Mayor Parry would like to remind all players our facilities must adhere strict social distance procedures to ensure we meet and exceed standards so that we can continue to play. We are in this all together and please be patient with one another and respect the guidelines set.