With the upcoming fall elections we wanted to take this opportunity to explain to the Michigan City community the upcoming process for voting.
Register to vote by Oct. 5th. In Indiana, you do not declare a party affiliation when you register. No other person may register for you.
Voting early in Michigan City will be at the County Offices 302 W. 8th
St. located at 8th and Wabash Streets.
- Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020 through Friday, Oct. 9, 2020 (8am-4pm)
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020 through Friday, Oct. 16, 2020 (8am-4pm)
- Monday, Oct. 19, 2020 through Friday, Oct. 23, 2020 (8am-4pm)
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 (8am-3pm)
- Monday, Oct. 26, 2020 through Friday, Oct. 30, 2020 (8am-4pm)
- Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020 (8am-3pm)
- Monday, Nov. 2, 2020 (8am-12:00 Noon)
Requesting an absentee ballot
In order to vote absentee, you must have an excuse, such as being age 65 or older, sick or out of town on Election Day. You can apply for an absentee ballot online here. Election officials must receive your application by Oct. 22. Address for mail-in or hand-delivered applications is 813 Lincolnway, Suite 105, La Porte, IN 46350.
Submitting an absentee ballot
Absentee ballots must be received by noon on Nov. 3. QUESTIONS?? PLEASE CON