The Indiana State Police has the following information to release in regard to the officer involved shooting that took place on November 26, 2020 in LaPorte County. Charges have been filed against Siad H. Berry II, 42, from Knox, IN. The charges include the following:
- Attempted Murder- Level 1 Felony (3 counts)
- Aggravated Battery- Level 3 Felony (2 counts)
- Criminal Recklessness- Level 5 Felony
Mr. Berry is being held at the LaPorte County Jail where his bond was set at $100,000 cash.
The LaPorte County Sheriff has asked for the names of the officers involved to be released. The officers that were involved in the incident were:
- LaPorte County Deputy Evan T. Doperalski, a five-year veteran of the sheriff’s office.
- LaPorte County Deputy Alex B. Pishkur, a six-year law enforcement veteran, 4 years with LaPorte County.
Any questions as to the duty status of these deputies should be directed to the LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office.
All persons named in this release are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court. Any additional charges may be determined by the LaPorte County Prosecutor’s Office.