LAKE COUNTY, Ind. – An Indiana Department of Transportation contractor will be conducting high friction surface treatment on seven off-ramps along I-94 and I-65 beginning on or after Monday, Sept. 25.
This treatment is to decrease road slippage for motorists exiting the interstate. Each ramp is expected to close for 3-5 days while the treatment is applied and will reopen as soon as the material has cured.
INDOT says this work is extremely weather dependent so the schedule is likely to change over the course of the project. INDOT also says motorists are encouraged to watch for signage in the area of these ramps or check 511in.org for updated information.
While subject to change, the schedule is currently as follows:
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound U.S. 41/Calumet Ave to close on/after Monday, September 25
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound Burr St to close on/after Wednesday, September 27
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound S.R. 152/Indianapolis Blvd to close on/after Friday, September 29
- Southbound I-65 to Ridge Rd to close on/after Monday, October 2
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound Kennedy Ave to close on/after Wednesday, October 4
- Eastbound I-94 to southbound Calumet Ave to close on/after Tuesday, October 10
- Southbound I-65 to U.S. 231 (expected to be completed during current closure)