The City of La Porte informed residents on its Facebook page that the first ever large/heavy trash pick-up with WM will take place next week.
The clean up will run Oct. 16-20 and will take place on your regular trash day.
The City of La Porte stated the following:
Different from our previous Fall and Spring Clean Ups, the Large/Heavy Trash Pick-Ups will take place once annually and include some different guidelines that residents should be aware of:
– The clean up is for residential customers only;
– All loose items must be placed in bags or cans – piles will be left behind;
– Bags placed for collection must not exceed 35 lbs, and cans must not exceed 50 lbs;
– No individual items over 5 ft in length, 3 ft wide, 3 ft high or weighing over 100 lbs will be taken;
– Mattresses must not be larger than Queen-sized and should NOT be wrapped in plastic;
– Sofas should not exceed 80 inches in length, should not be sleeper/hide-a-beds, and should NOT be wrapped in plastic;
– Rugs/carpeting must be rolled and tied, and must not exceed 50 lbs;
– Windows, glass and mirrors must be less than 3 ft by 4 ft in size, and broken glass must be securely enclosed in a box and clearly marked;
– Gas grills must have propane tank removed prior to disposal; and
– Push lawn mowers must be drained of oil and/or gas prior to disposal.
For a complete list of items that WM will NOT accept, visit https://cityoflaporte.com/departments/laporte-utilities/heavy-trash-pick-up?fbclid=IwAR3ue–hdypd5eKjLDjI73W5tA4KYLvAeXE7PFjZfcr5pTRCvMxAeJY_plk