Multiple Beach Hazards Statements are in effect for Lake Michigan.
For La Porte and Berrien counties:
…BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY
* WHAT…High wave action, strong currents, and dangerous
swimming conditions expected. Piers will be heavily swamped by
* WHERE…In Indiana, Northern La Porte county. In Michigan,
Northern Berrien and Southern Berrien counties.
* WHEN…Through Wednesday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Strong currents can pull swimmers into deeper water
and high waves can sweep people off piers.
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION…Waves 4 to 7 feet.
Remain out of the water to avoid hazardous swimming conditions.
Do not venture out on piers.
For Porter and Lake counties in Indiana and Cook and Lake counties in Illinois:
..BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE
* WHAT…High wave action and dangerous currents expected at
Lake Michigan beaches with waves of 5 to 8 ft expected.
* WHERE…In Illinois, Lake IL, Northern Cook and Central Cook
Counties. In Indiana, Lake IN and Porter Counties.
* WHEN…Through late Wednesday night.
* IMPACTS…Swimming conditions will be life threatening,
especially for inexperienced swimmers. For information on swim
advisories or bans at Chicago beaches: www. cpdbeaches. com.
Remain out of the water to avoid dangerous swimming conditions
and do not venture out onto piers, jetties, breakwalls, or other