The La Porte County Sheriff’s Office announced on its Facebook page that Sheriff Heeg was recently asked to nominate an employee for this year’s The Rotary Club of Michigan City, IN “Service Above Self Award.”
After consulting with members of the administration, a 34-year veteran of the agency stood out amongst his peers, the LCSO said.
Civil Deputy Tony Wallace was nominated and received this year’s award Thursday for his lengthy service, specifically to the citizens of southern La Porte County, the LCSO said.
The LCSO listed some of Tony’s accomplishments and steadfast commitment to serving others:
- LCSO employee since 7/10/89
- Hanna Township Fire Chief since 1/1/93
- Hanna Little League President 2011-2022
- SCHS Softball HC since 11/4/2014
- Current Hanna Township Trustee
WIMS congratulates Deputy Wallace.